Saturday, February 26, 2011

Window Dressing

My big old window has been glaring at me balefully since...oh...about Christmas. It got decorations for a few days around Valentine's Day (that was after decorations were 50% off!) and then a cute banner for the baby shower. But what next??

My cute neighbor sent me a link to The Sweetest Occasion, which showed an Anthropologie-inspired garland.

Perfect!

Here's my version.

I started by going through my stash of yarn, ribbon, burlap, etc. I did purchase four sheets of felt ($1.00 total) at Hobby Lobby. I braided yarns, ribbons, and strips of burlap. I cut circles out of felt and strung them on yarn...


And then I played with draping all my creations over my window.

Here's Option 1:



My three-year-old think the "option 1" way is smiling at her!

...And Option 2:



Which way to you like better, if at all? Everything hanging individually, or gathered together?

My husband calls this my "Modern Art Masterpiece" (and I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic). But you know what? *I* like it! I like the interesting combination of textiles and shapes!




Photobucket

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/


Photobucket

Photobucket

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

5 comments:

annies home said...

looks awesome love the dark colors but could also imagine brightning it up with light colors

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I vote for #1...thanks so much for sharing it at NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Jen Campbell said...

I like 1. I really like the colors u used, this is such a unique idea!

Rachel said...

I like the big smiley. Option number 1.

I have a bracelet that has the coolest silver beads on it. It is all silver. Brian says it looks like a bad day in metal shop. :D

Megan Gunyan said...

I like option 2...am I the only one? ;) It looks great either way!