Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Birds and a Banner

The window that hangs in my kitchen needed to change with the season, and this is what I came up with:


(If you want to see its most recent look, look here.)

I used my pinking shears to cut triangles out of burlap, drop cloth, and other neutral-printed fabrics in my stash, and strung them together on yarn.

What's perched on the frame?


Birdies! Of course.


Some look like they might be trying to take a dive...


Simple...but I like it.


Would you like some scrappy birds of your own? Then be sure to leave a comment on this post!





HookingupwithHoH




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Photobucket

The DIY Show Off

5 comments:

ChRiS said...

omg i love these birds and is so much you can do with em....

Sweet Little Smoothie said...

So cute! I love the burlap pennant & little birdies! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower :)

Rachel said...

I like it! If it isn't going to be spring around here, mine as well make it spring in your house! :D

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Love love love it! Saw you at the Shabby nest link party and had to click over to see more pics of the banner and birdies! :)

Miss Charming said...

Oh, the birds are so adorable!